Everbuild Tecnic Fire Sealant 300 (380ml)
Next working day delivery is available on this product if ordered by midday
Everbuild Tecnic Fire Sealant 300 is an intumescent acrylic sealant that swells when exposed to temperatures in excess of 150°C to prevent the passage of fire and smoke and has a fire rating of up to 5 hours, Fire rated to BS 476 part 20/EN1366-4 (2006).
Everbuild Tecnic Fire Sealant 300 is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures.
Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No.181967 (May 2009) The product, in suitably designed joints will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
Typically used for sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them. For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames. Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3. Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1 Ventilation of buildings. Performance testing of components/products for residential ventilation.
- Tested to BS EN 1366-4 : 2006
- When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x its original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Joint movement capability of +/- 10%
- For use in joints up to 50mm wide
- Halogen free
- Non slump – easy to apply and tool off
- Fast cure – tack free in 15 minutes
- Over paintable
- Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening: average noise reduction of 38db(100-3150Hz)
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application.
Everbuild Tecnic Fire Sealant 300 does not require a primer on most common surfaces, although adhesion tests are recommended prior to full scale application. If the joint is likely to be immersed or if adhesion is poor (especially on porous surfaces) use Fire Sealant 400.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers.
- Not for use where joints are constantly immersed in water, or as part of glazing systems.
- Known to have compatibility problems with some cPVC piping
View our full Everbuild Product Range