FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
With over 20 years experience Solseal has a wealth of knowledge to help customers purchase the right products.
Answers to some common questions and responses to specific queries can be found here. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please complete the form on this page and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
Hi! i am looking for silicone sealant neutral cure clear for use in double glazed units please advise.
Everbuild 450 builders silicone comes in clear and is a neutral cure silicone sealant suitable for double glazed units.
We need to permanently seal a joint 7.50m long between horizontal precast concrete beams which are exposed to the weather and subject to thermal movement. Please advise the optimal gap and preferred sealant to bond to both surfaces. A previous mortar joint has failed and will have to be saw cut out.
- Silicone 825 will be fine to use for this. The sealant joint depth should be no less than 5mm. Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
I need a clear mastic sealant for the interior of a garden shed 8×6 ft. Which should I chose?
- Either of the Everbuild 450 or the Everbuild 996 should be suitable both of these come in clear.
Which sealant would be useful to put between the concrete base and a metal garage as water is seeping through?
- Everbuild 825 silicone will be fine for this.
Do you deliver to France?
- Yes we export to France and most other European countries. Please email [email protected] for more details and rates. It’s cheaper than you think!
Are you able to recommend a company to carry out installations?
- With over 20 years experience we’re worked with many companies in the industry and are always happy to help our customers find the right person to carry out those tricky installations. Please call us on 0845 1770666 and we’ll talk through your requirements.
Can I collect my order?
- Yes. You can collect from our London, Glasgow, Newport and Leeds depots. Please call us on 0845 177 0666 to check opening times and stock availability before ordering.
I need help choosing the correct product for a particularly difficult job – I need help!
- Please give us a call on 0845 1770666 and we’ll help you find the right product. If you prefer, fill out our question form on this page and we’ll get back to you with an answer.
I need a specific colour, but can’t find the right one. Can you help?
- Yes. On occasions we have asked our manufacturing partners to produce special ‘one-off’ colours to suit very specific situations. Please send us the details of your requirements and we’ll investigate for you.
We have an 8 year old building and the sealant is breaking down around windows where they meet masonry. Builders have bodged with silicone which is now peeling. Which of your products would you recommend for this? Also we have another situation where a bay has an expansion joint masonry to masonry. We intend raking out and refitting mastic. Which of your products would be suitable for this?
- The old sealant will need to be removed from the windows before replacing to get a good finish. Everbuild 825 is suitable for both problems. Everbuild 825 is typically used for expansion joints to stone, brick, concrete and composite panels, perimeter pointing around all types of window and door frames, weatherproofing sealing to most external applications, construction and dilation joints where stress does not occur until fully cured.
I need to have an expansion joint between a timber frame and a masonry wall. What do you recommend ?
- Everbuild 825 is typically used for expansion joints to stone, brick, concrete and composite panels, perimeter pointing around all types of window and door frames, weatherproofing sealing to most external applications, construction and dilation joints where stress does not occur until fully cured.
Is polysulphide being phased out?
- Yes it is being replaced by hybrid polymer sealants we have the Everbuild Hybriflex 480 and the Hybriflex SMP. There seam to be less polysulphides avalible.
Do you have any agents or dealers in the Middle East?
- If you have any export enquiries, please email [email protected] for more information.