Product Code: EV225-25-C3
225 Industrial & Glazing Silicone is a high modulus acetoxy cure silicone sealant that adheres to most smooth and non-porous substrates. Typically used for single glazing, draught-proofing and general industrial use.
EVERFLEX SILICONE 225 is an acetoxy cure silicone sealant that cures quickly to provide a permanently flexible, high strength waterproof seal. Specifically designed for most glazing and industrial applications.
- Permanently flexible.
- Quick curing – low dirt pick up.
- Temperature resistant to 200oC.
- Waterproof seal
Areas For Use
- Sealing glass to glass.
- Sealing glass to aluminium and metal sealing.
- Butt and Channel glazing.
- As an adhesive for fixing PVCu trims and cladding.
- Sealing around worktops and laminated panels.
- Cap glazing to metal, timber and PVCu window frames.
- For aluminium gutter sealing.
- Industrial uses, such as a gasket sealing.
- Refrigeration and hygiene seal.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt. Use WEATHER MATE SEALANT
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework. Priming is advised or use SILICONE 450.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double glazed units. Use SILICONE 450.
- Do not use for perimeter pointing of uPVC. Use SILICONE 600 or SILICONE 450
- Do not use on soft metals such as lead or brass. Use LEADMATE SEALANT.
- Do not use for aquarium manufacture. Use AQUA MATE SEALANT.
- Non overpaintable. In applications where overpainting is required, use WEATHER MATE SEALANT
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner prior to application for optimum adhesion. Porous surfaces may require priming – a small area should be tested first.
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using Everflex Expanding FILL AND FIX Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45’ with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed.
Smooth down within 10 minutes of application. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with a soap and water solution. An improved appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint and removing within 5 minutes of application.
|Movement accommodation||+ or -25%|
|Skinning time||5 mins @ 20°C|
|Cure time||4mm per 24 hours|
|Hardness Shore A||15-25|
|Service temperature resistance||-40°C to + 200°C|
|Application temperature resistance||+5°C to + 30°C|
|Tensile Strength||1.2 MPa|
|Stress||0.3MPa at 100% elongation|
|Cleaning||Uncured sealant white spirit; Cured sealant: EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER|
|Minimum joint width:||4mm|
|Maximum joint width||25mm|
|Joint ratio||Maximum depth 50% of joint width|
|Coverage||@ 10 linear metres 9 x 9mm fillet joint|
|Elongation at break||400%|