Product Code: EB-GP-C3-25
General Purpose Silicone is a high modulus silicone sealant that adheres to most smooth and non-porous materials. Contains an anti-fungal compound to prevent mould growth in areas of high humidity. Forms a permanently flexible rubber seal.
EVERBUILD GENERAL PURPOSE SILICONE is a Multi-Purpose acetoxy cure silicone sealant that cures quickly to provide a permanently flexible, high strength waterproof seal. It contains a powerful anti-fungicide to prevent mould growth.
- Permanently flexible.
- Anti-fungal formula – prevents mould growth.
- Quick curing – low dirt pick up.
- Low viscosity for fast application
Areas for Use
- Sealing glass to glass.
- Sealing glass to aluminium and metal sealing.
- Sealing around baths, showers, basins and other sanitary ware.
- As an adhesive for fixing PVCu trims, cladding and panels.
- Sealing around worktops and laminates.
- Cap glazing to metal, timber and PVCu window frames, and pointing around window and door Frames.
- For aluminium gutter sealing.
- General draught proofing.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use EVERFLEX AQUAMATE.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHERMATE..
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework. Priming is advised or use SILICONE 450.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double glazed units. Use SILICONE 450.
- Do not use for perimeter pointing of PVCu. Use SILICONE 600 or SILICONE 450.
- Do not use on soft metals such as lead and brass. Use LEADMATE SILICONE.
- Non overpaintable.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Glass, metal and aluminium should be
Cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner prior to application for optimum adhesion. Porous surfaces may require priming – a small area should be tested first.
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using FILL AND FIX Expanding Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45’ with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed.
Smooth down within 10 minutes of application. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with a soap and water solution. An improved appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint and removing within 5 minutes of application.
|Movement accommodation||+ or -25%|
|Skinning time||5 mins @ 20°C|
|Cure time||2mm per 24 hours|
|Hardness (Shore A)||15-25|
|Application Temp. Resistance||+5°C to +40°C|
|Service Temp. Resistance||-30°C to +150°C|
|Tensile strength||1.5 MPa|
|Stress||0.3MPa at 100% elongation|
|Cleaning||Uncured sealant white spirit;
Cured sealant: EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER
|Minimum joint width||4mm|
|Maximum joint width||25mm|
|Joint ratio||Maximum depth 50% of joint width|
|Coverage||@ 10 linear metres 9 x 9 mm fillet joint|
|Elongation at break||400%|