Product Code: EV700T-25-C3-CART
Silicone 700T is a fast, neutral cure, low modulus sealant specially formulated for the PVCu and roofline industry. For perimeter pointing window and door frames, sealing plastic roofline areas and general weather sealing. Now contains a powerful anti-fungal compound
everFLEX SILICONE 700 is a cost effective low modulus, Neutral, oxime cure RTV silicone sealant that adheres to a wide range of both porous and non porous surfaces without the need for priming. SILICONE 700T is formulated with fungicide as a high viscosity grade to give excellent tooling properties.
- Excellent adhesion – adheres to most common surfaces including glass, metals, plastics and wood
- Low dirt pick up – important in PVCu work
- Excellent external weathering properties.
- Suitable for use on polycarbonate.
- Contains fungicide
Areas for Use
- Perimeter pointing internally and externally around PVCu /wood and all other window frames.
- Sealing and as an adhesive onto PVCu, plastic trims and components.
- Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
- Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
- Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
- General glazing sealing and draught proofing, including repair work over existing sealant.
- Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing.
- Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
- Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
- Do not use in the manufacture of Aquariums. Use AQUA MATE
- Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
- Non overpaintable. Use WEATHER MATE SILICONE
- Not suitable for bedding I. G Units – Use Silicone 450
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. As quality of plastics can vary, always carry out adhesion tests prior to large scale use.
Improve adhesion by wiping surface with EVERFLEX PVC SOLVENT CLEANER (pvc) EVERFLEX GLASS CLEANER (glass) or white spirits (painted surfaces). Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use.
Joint design should be as follows:
Minimum width: 5mm. Movement capacity will be impaired if the depth of the joint is greater than the width. For maximum movement accommodation, it is recommended that:
- The joint depth should be no less than 5mm
- Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide
- Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
For deep joints, reduce depth by using EVERFLEX FIX AND FILL FOAM or a suitable joint backer rod.
All joints should be designed so that the seal is placed in a position which does not retain water or form a water trap. Triangular fillets should be no less than 12mm across the face and should be finished with a flat or convex face.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45’ with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth down within 10 minutes of application using a wetted spatula, piece of wood or wetted finger. Any excess sealant can be removed with white spirit.
|Movement accommodation||+ or -50%|
|Skinning Time||5 – 20 mins.|
|Cure Time||2 mm per 24 hours|
|Hardness Shore A||20 approx|
|Service Temperature Resistance||-50°C to + 120°C|
|Application Temperature Resistance||+5°C to + 40°C|
|Cleaning||Uncured sealant , white spirit,
Cured sealant, EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER.
|Viscosity (bfld, S70, 10rpm)||150,000 – 300,000 cps|
|Joint ratio||Maximum depth 50% of joint width|
|Coverage||10 linear meters @ 9 x 9mm fillet joint|
|Elongation at break||500-600%|