Dow Corning Firestop 700
Dow Corning Firestop 700 is a premium 4 Hour Fire Resistant Silicone Sealant One part, neutral -curing, fire stop silicone sealant (not an intumescent), prevents the spread of smoke and flames through open joints, penetration seals, partition walls and curtain walling. Used by sealant applicator professionals, firestopping professionals and tradesmen.
Available in black, white and grey.
- Linear expansion joints in fire-rated walls
- Smaller penetration seals where pipes or cables penetrate fire rated structures
- Up to four-hour fire rating
- Neutral curing with joint movement capability of ±50%
- Excellent weathering characteristics, including resistance to ozone, UV radiation and temperature extremes
- Long service life
- Ready to apply
- Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G25LM
- CE marked as a fire-resistant sealant according to EAD 350141-00-1106
- Tested and classified according to EN 1366-4 and 13501-2
How can we limit the spread of fire when it comes to building design? Including passive fire-protection in the building design helps contain fire and smoke, allowing more time for building occupants to escape. This is why building materials we select are so vital: the materials’ behavior in resisting fire is a key factor in determining how much time will be available to exit a building. Dow High Performance Building offers a range of Dowsil brand solutions for vertical and horizontal applications as well as cable penetrations, fenestrations and building element connections, including Dow Corning Firestop 700 Silicone Sealant.
A distinct advantage
Sealants can play a key role in the system design and help limit the spread of fire and smoke. Silicone technologies are non-flame propagating, do not produce flaming droplets and have a limited non-toxic smoke development. These material properties can be especially beneficial in fire-rated systems and designs and are found in Dow Corning Firestop 700 Silicone Sealant, which is suitable for horizontal and vertical linear joints and penetration seals in walls.
This product has a fire rating of up to four hours and benefits from the renowned characteristics of silicone sealants such as movement capability, adhesion profile, UV and temperature stability and durability.
View our full Dow Product Range