Sikasil SG20 300ml
Sikasil SG20 is a neutral-curing silicone adhesive which combines mechanical strength with high elongation. It adheres excellent to a wide range of substrates widely used in structural glazing applications.
- Meets requirements of EOTA ETAG 002 (car- ries ETA), EN 13022, ASTM C 1184
- Fire rated (EN 11925-2 / DIN 4102-B1)
- Outstanding UV and weathering resistance
- Bonds excellent to glass, metals, coated metals, plastics and wood
- Structural silicone adhesive according to ETAG 002, DoP 61161179, certified by Factory Production Control Body 0757, certificate 0757-CPD-596-10-001 R1e, and provided with the CE-mark
Sikasil SG20 can be used for structural sealant glazing, bonding of solar modules and other high-demanding industrial applications. This product is suitable for experienced professional users only. Tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from grease, oil and dust. Surface treatment depends on the specific nature of the substrates and is crucial for a long lasting bond.
The optimum temperature for substrate and sealant is between 15 °C and 25 °C.
Sikasil SG-20 can be processed with hand-, pneumatic- or electric driven piston guns as well as pump equipment. For advice on selecting and setting up a suitable pump system, contact the System Engineering Department of Sika Industry.
Joints must be properly dimensioned. Basis for calculation of the necessary joint dimensions are the technical values of the adhesive and the adjacent building materials, the exposure of the building elements, their construction and size as well as external loads.
Joints deeper than 15 mm must be avoided.
Tooling and finishing
Tooling and finishing must be carried out within the skin time of the sealant or adhesive. When tooling freshly applied Sikasil SG-20 press the adhesive to the joint flanks to get a good wetting of the bonding surface. No tooling agents to be used.