Mapei Mapesil AC
Product Code: MAPAC-1-310-CART
Mapei Mapesil AC is an acetic-crosslinking silicone sealant suitable for sealing glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium. After first having used a bonding enhancer, Primer FD can also be used on concrete, wood, metal, painted surfaces, plastic and rubber. Mapei Mapesil AC is available in over 40 colours.
Mapei Mapesil AC is used for:
- Sealing expansion joints of ± 25% expansion of the initial size.
- Forming a perfectly elastic gasket between different elements in building, mechanical engineering, ship- building, automobile, manufacturing, etc.
Some application examples
- Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic and cement, provided they are not subject to heavy abrasion.
- Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers with colours coordinated with the grouts.
- Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
- Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
- Sealing glazing of door and window frames.
- Sealing air ducts, water pipes.
- Sealing portholes, windows, glazed frames.
- Sealing tanks, service pipes and boilers.
- Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficient.
- Adhesive and sealant for general use.
Mapei Mapesil AC is a one-component, acetic crosslinking, solvent-free silicone sealant, available coloured or transparent. It is a thixotropic paste which is easily trowellable both horizontally and vertically. It crosslinks following exposure to atmospheric humidity at ambient temperatures, and forms an elastic product with following properties:
- excellent durability. Seals remain unchanged even after many years exposure to climatic extremes, industrial pollution, sudden temperature changes and immersion in water;
- high elasticity;
- excellent bonding to glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium;
- mildew resistant;
- waterproof and permeable to vapour;
- resistant to chemical agents;
- flexible down to -40°C and resistant to temperatures at +180°C;
- easily workable;
- in compliance with ISO 11600 norm, it is classified as F-25-LM.
- in compliance with numerous international standards.
- in compliance with EN 15651-1, EN 15651-2, EN 15651-3 and CE-marking.
- Do not use Mapesil AC for joints in exterior between ceramic tiles and light-coloured natural stone because dirt could accumulate by the joints. Use Mapei Mapesil LM.
- For sealing surfaces sensitive to acids such as lime stone, use a neutral silicone sealant (e.g. Mapesil LM).
- The use of Mapesil AC is not recommended on highly plasticised material or on bituminous surfaces because of the release of substances that reduce bonding and penetrate into the sealant, altering the colour and resistance.
- The resistance of Mapesil AC to chemical agents is generally excellent; however, due to the numerous products and working conditions to which Mapesil AC can be applied, it is always advisable to do a sample test in cases of doubt.
- Do not use Mapesil AC to seal aquariums.
- For sealing floor joints subject to heavy traffic, use a polyurethane (e.g. Mapeflex PU 45 FT) or epoxy-polyurethane (e.g. Mapeflex PU20) sealant.
Click here for TDS and colour chart – PLEASE NOTE: Some colours may take 2 days to deliver, depending on our stock levels when orders are placed.