Everbuild StixAll Extreme Power Adhesive and Sealant
Everbuild Stixall Extreme Power is the ultimate combined building adhesive and sealant, based on hybrid polymer technology, with the most Extreme power to both bond and seal virtually EVERYTHING to ANYTHING in nearly all conditions, even under water or in the rain!
Stixall Extreme Power offers almost limitless benefits as an adhesive and a sealant removing the previous application barriers associated with conventional products.
- High bonding strength
- Solvent free
- Interior and exterior use
- Quick curing
- Overpaintable if required
- Resistant to temperature extremes -40°C to +100°C
- Resistant to chemicals and petrol
- Excellent resistance to UV radiation
StixAll Areas For Use
- Sealing and bonding in almost every application imaginable. The following are just some examples.
- As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
- External and internal perimeter pointing around doors and windows, especially in mobile structures such as caravans and boats.
- Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
- Automotive gap filling and sealing
- Sealing vertical expansion joints.
- Jointing cladding panels.
- Bonding difficult materials such as specialised polymer systems, metals and fibreglass
- Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding of joints.
- Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required (garage forecourts etc)
- Use on overhead applications – Always use in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
- Use in conjunction with mechanical fixings for glass block fitting or large mirrors (>0.5m2 total area)
- For heavy items, provide temporary support until adhesive has dried.
- Do not seal mirror edges/plastic sheeting until adhesive has cured.
- In areas of high UV; some darkening/discolouration may occur. This does not affect the performance of the sealant
- Overpaintability: chaeck compatibility with specific paint first before over painting large areas.
- Do not use on surfaces that bleed oils or plasticizers
- It is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt, please contact Technical Services Department for advice.
- Not for use as part of a structural glazing system.
- Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use Aqua Mate
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use Weather Mate
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water.
Cartridge – Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Fix nozzle, cut aperture to required width and apply with a standard sealant gun.
Squeezy Pack – remove plastic cap. Cut nozzle with a sharp knife to required aperture. Squeeze tube from base with light finger pressure and apply as necessary. Remove any excess material from nozzle prior to replacing cap.
As a nail replacement (panel) adhesive.
- Surfaces must be sound, clean, dry and free from dust, grease, loose material etc.
- Prime dusty surfaces with EVERBUILD PVA BOND diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry.
- Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suite the required bead size.
- For bonding heavy items (Plasterboard/worktops/wall panels etc) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 300mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE.
- With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries.
- For bonding lightweight items (covings, dado rails, skirting etc) apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place.
- Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas.
- In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirit
As a sealant
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using Everflex Expanding Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility.
Where the sealant is used in a joint configuration, masking tape should be used to prevent contamination of adjacent substrates, and ensure a neat sealing line. Masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling. The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good contact between the sealant and the substrate. Tooling of the sealant also gives a smooth, professional finish.
Apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centers. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24-48 hours). If required, STIX-ALL may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure)
Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means. Full cure must be allowed before over painting.