Sika Membran EPDM (500mm x 25m)
Sika® Membran is an EPDM synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane, available in two grades as Sika® Membran Outdoor and Sika® Membran Universal, which offer different defined rates of vapour diffusion.
Sika Membran Uses
- Sealing and Waterproofing Construction Gaps in Building Façades
- Providing Waterproof and Airtight Flexible Seals
- Controlling Vapour Diffusion
- Preventing Interstitial Condensation
Sika Membran Characteristics / Advantages
- Flexible and easy to handle
- Weather and ageing resistant.
- UV and ozone resistant
- Will not perish
- Quality assured with printed logo for easy identification.
- An important aspect of “Part L” of the Building Regulations’ relates to achieving air tightness to building envelopes.
- Measured in m3/hr/m2, air permeability describes the resistance of the building envelope to inward or outward air movement. This includes floors, walls and roofs.
- An advantage of the Sika® Membran System, incorporating the SikaBond® TF Plus adhesive, is that it is easy to achieve air tightness to facade construction gaps.
- Continuous watertight as well as airtight seals can be guaranteed around the perimeters of window or curtain wall components.
- All new buildings MUST have robust details designed and specified to ensure the envelope is airtight.
- Compliance with “Part L” of the Building Regulations can be of real benefit by reducing the size of heating and ventilation systems ultimately achieving significant reductions in heating running costs.
- Appearance / Colours Black
- Packaging 25 m x 0.6mm rolls in widths from 100mm to 1400mm
- Storage Conditions / Shelf-Life Sika® Membran should be stored in dry warehouse conditions between10°C and 30°C. Shelf life under these circumstances is a minimum of five years