Next working day delivery is available for this product if ordered by 2pm
Everbuild LeadMate Sealant
Product Code: LEAD
Lead Mate Sealant is specially formulated as an alternative to mortaring lead flashing and sheet into brick, stone and concrete, providing a fully waterproof joint that will not crack or shrink
everFLEX LeadMate is a low modulus, neutral cure sealant specifically designed to give exceptional adhesion to soft metals such as lead, brass etc. The product is specially formulated as an alternative to mortaring Lead Flashing and Sheet into Brick, Stone and Concrete. Conforms to BS5889 Type A.
- Excellent adhesion to metals – will not stain or corrode soft metals unlike most conventional sealants
- Low dirt pick up
- Excellent flexibility – +/- 50%.
- Excellent low and high (+150oC) temperature resistance.
- Solvent free – low shrinkage during vulcanisation.
- High resistance to plasticizer migration – may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
- Excellent external weathering properties.
- Extended shelf life – up to 12 months from date of manufacture.
Areas For Use
- As an alternative to mortaring in Lead flashing and sheet into brick, stone and concrete.
- Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
- Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
- Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
- Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
- Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
- Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants.
Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use.
Joint design should be as follows:
Minimum width: 6mm. Movement capacity will be impaired if the depth of the joint is greater than the width. For maximum movement accommodation, it is recommended that:
- The joint depth should be no less than 5mm
- Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide
- Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
Maximum joint width without slumping is 40mm. When flashing into concrete walls with a wider joint, always fix the lead with stainless steel screws and plugs prior to applying the sealant.
All joints should be designed so that the seal is placed in a position which does not retain water or form a water trap. Triangular fillets should be no less than 12mm across the face and should be finished with a flat or convex face.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application.