Product Code: EV195WH
EVERRFLEX 195 is a siliconised acrylic sealant, suitable for internal and external use, that provides a permanently flexible long lasting seal which adheres to virtually all materials. EVERFLEX 195 has improved adhesion characteristics when compared to conventional acrylic sealants. It also contains a powerful fungicide to prevent mould growth, and can be overpainted.
- Permanently flexible.
- Adheres to most surfaces.
- Mould resistant.
- Easy clean up.
Areas For Use
- Internal and external sealing around timber and metal window and door frames.
- Filling gaps and cracks in general decorating applications.
- PVCu profile, trim and cladding.
- Internal sealing around PVCu window and door frames.
- Sealing cracks and gaps in brickwork, stone, plaster and concrete.
- An adhesive for bonding polystyrene coving and tiles.
- An adhesive for bonding cork tiles and wood block flooring.
- Gap and crack filler prior to decorating.
- Sealing around baths, and basins.
- CAUTION – when using externally, in areas of high humidity, around baths, showers and basins, protect from water for a minimum of 12 hours. In damp and cold conditions, cure time will be significantly extended.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt.
- Do not attempt to abrade when cured.
- Do not use around shower trays. Use GENERAL PURPOSE SILICONE for greater movement capabilities
- Do not over paint until a surface skin has formed. Over painting is not necessary.
- Note: this product is a flexible. Certain poor quality paints (especially certain vinyl matts) have very little movement in the dry film. It is possible for the dry paint film to crack if movement is excessive.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Highly porous substrates such as new plaster should first be primed with Everbuild PVA bond diluted 1:4 with water. This product can be applied to slightly damp, but not wet surfaces.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45’ with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth down within 20 minutes of application using a wetted spatula, piece of wood or wetted finger. Care should be taken at this point not to saturate the surface as this will delay drying. Any excess sealant etc., can be removed using a sponge and warm water. Can be overpainted after 1 hour.